Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Upgrade Night - Day 32 of 365

Upgrade Night (32 of 365)

Instead of taking pictures tonight, I spent my time after everyone went to bed tonight putting a new motherboard, CPU and hard drive in my main computer -- it was time. For you fellow geeks out there, I installed an ASRock A785GXH/128M motherboard, an AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Processor and a Hitachi 1TB Hard Drive. In addition to replacing the hardware, I went ahead and reinstalled Win7 from scratch (along with everything else). So, I was out-of-commission for a little bit tonight. I snapped this quickly as I was doing the upgrade. I can already tell that I'm going to have to replace the stock CPU fan-- it's too loud.

Have you ever built your own computer? It's pretty easy (if you do your research) and it is a good way to get exactly what you want. Also, when it starts getting old, you only have to upgrade a few of the components in order to bump up to the latest and greatest. If you're a PC person, you should look into it and try it sometime. If you're a mac person, you'll just have to shell out the cash to have Steve Jobs build it for you (just kidding, macs are great, but I'm to cheap to shell out the money for them). :.)

This morning, I took what should have been a cool picture of frost on the hedges by my driveway. I saw it as I was backing out and thought that it looked really cool. Unfortunately, I only had my iPhone and the picture came out too blurry to even bother with. The camera in the iPhone is terrible. It's an awesome phone, but the camera is really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment