Monday, February 22, 2010

Tranquility - Day 53 of 365


Tranquility (53 of 365), originally uploaded by lighthack.
After many, many photos involving hot reds, intense whites and black blacks, I was looking for a little calmness today. Maybe it reflects my mood, but all day I was thinking about taking a picture involving some greens -- not intense greens, but calm greens. I figured that I couldn't just take a picture of a green wall with a flash on it, so I decided to rescue the Baby's Breath from the now dead dozen red roses from Valentine's day. Tonight, Baby's Breath -- the long time backup singer -- was going to take its place front and center (well a little off center) and be the star of the show.

A single bare SB-600 on the back wall (which is a dark, ugly green, but looks alright when blown out a bit) and another SB-600 through a softbox directly above the flowers. Both on manual and fired via CLS from the popup.

1 comment:

  1. Love the green, and perfect against the white flowers.

    ReplyDelete