Saturday, February 13, 2010

Need a Life - Day 44 of 365


Need a Life (44 of 365), originally uploaded by lighthack.
I decided to do more of a whimsical shot tonight. I had some snow shots from this morning and I had some roses that I could have done a macro with, but I'm sure that just about everybody on flickr is going to be uploading snow and roses today and tomorrow. So I went with something completely different (not that there's anything wrong with snow and/or roses). This is a Ms. Pac-Man cocktail table arcade that I built from an old computer and a bunch of ebay parts a few years ago. When I was a kid, I was wild about arcade games and I always dreamed of having my own arcade game when I grew up (like Silver Spoons). Although I don't play this one all that much anymore, every now and then, it's fun to order a pizza, break out the beer and 80's music and play some video games (it can do Galaga, Centipede, and all the other classics too).

For the lighting, I shot a gridded SB-600 (gelled with an orange gel) at my face/body from the end of the machine nearest the camera and I shot another SB-600 through an umbrella from overhead (I would have bounced it off the ceiling, but the ceiling is wood). Also, I left the shutter open long enough to pick up some ambient light and to pick up the graphics from the game (the most important part). As you can see from the graphics, it's about to be game over for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment