Monday, February 1, 2010

Red Tiger - Bonus Pic.

Red Tiger (30.1 of 365)

This is a "Red Tiger " Abutilon (i.e., flowering maple). I decided that this nice bloom deserved a spot in my 365 although I already submitted the Flame Thower Orchid as my day 30 shot. This is another stunner from my mother-in-law's plant collection. While I was photographing her flowers, I just couldn't pass up this plant. It is a really cool plant, it grows like a tree (it is about 6 feel high) and it has these beautiful blooms all over. She said that she fell in love with this plant when she saw one at the Biltmore House Arboreum in North Carolina a few years ago.

Like my other day 30 picture (the Flame Thrower), this one was taken with my Nikon D90 with a 50mm 1.4d lens. I had to pack light because Ava's toys, high chair, etc. took up most of the car, so I only had the camera and one SB-600 flash. For this shot, the camera was hand held and the SB-600 was fired remotely via the camera's CLS system. The flash was bare and about 12 inches from the bloom, camera left. I didn't use anything to diffuse the flash, which actually turned out nice because the bloom shows that it has a little sheen to it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this helpful stuff I got at your site. The stuff here is really good and keep up sharing.

    PIC Claim

    ReplyDelete