Saturday, January 2, 2010

Rhythm – Day 2 of 365

Rhythm (2 of 365)

This is a picture of a Les Paul style guitar. I haven’t played electric guitar in a while, but I saw the guitar sitting around today and appreciated its lines, so I decided to take a picture of it. I used an off-camera flash (Nikon SB-600) to light the front of the guitar while I took the picture from the edge of it. My Nikon D90 camera has the ability to fire a flash wirelessly via an infrared signal. This comes in handy when I don’t want the flash to come from the direction of the camera. Using a fast shutter speed, I was able to capture just the light hitting the camera while not allowing enough time for the ambient room light to hit the camera’s sensor. This way, it looks like the guitar is “floating” in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment