Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Childproof - Day 5 of 365

Childproof (5 of 365)

So I was sitting around tonight trying to figure out something to take a picture of. Now that I’m back at work from the holidays, this is getting more difficult because, by the time I get home from work, there is no sun out, we’re in a rush to eat and get Ava to bed, and everyone’s tired. The past couple of days, I’ve been scrambling at 11:00pm to figure out what I can take a picture of at night and inside the house (it’s in the 20’s outside). I got a new guitar today, so I tried taking some pictures of it. It didn’t have the energy to do a proper lighting setup for it, though, so I decided to save it for another day. After fiddling around and scratching my head a bit, I saw this childproof plug on the counter and thought that it would make as good of a picture as anything. Actually, the granite countertop itself is as much of this picture as the plug itself. I figure that these plugs, and other child items that were foreign to me just a little more than a year ago, have become a big part of my life not – these things are all over the house now and probably will be for years to come.

To get this shot, I shined up the counter with my shirt sleeve and then I set up my D90 on a tripod with the 50mm lens. While looking through the viewfinder, I moved the plug around until I liked the angle and the reflection that was seeing. I didn’t use a flash, just a long exposure that I triggered with the Nikon wireless remote that goes with my camera everywhere. With the remote, you don’t have to worry about shaking the camera while the shutter is open. Well, here’s how it turned out. Not too bad, in my opinion, for a childproof plug sitting on the counter. :.)

No comments:

Post a Comment