Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pods - Day 65 of 365

I photographed these Sweet Gum Tree pods when I went to my old house today to check on it for the week (it's for sale still). These pods were all over the place. When I picked one up and looked at it, I was amazed at the amount of detail in each one, so I decided to take a few pictures and see how they would come out. I also like the texture of the deck railing that they're sitting on (even though it reminds me that it needs a new coat of paint).

This is another natural light photo -- just a hand-held snapshot. I used my 85mm f/1.4D lens on this. At first, I had it stopped down to 1.4, but the DOF was far too narrow to have an interesting background. So, this one was taken around 5.6. When I looked at it on the big screen, I liked how detailed the pods turned out. As with yesterday's picture, I messed with this one a little in photoshop to try to highlight the details a bit and emphasize the harsh textures in the pods.

No comments:

Post a Comment