Monday, March 1, 2010

Fire and Water - Day 60 of 365

I was somewhat at a loss as to what to shoot tonight. So, I decided that I would go sit in my photo room with my camera and force myself to make a shot with the things in the room. This wine glass was still down there from She Loves Me Not (51 of 365). I also had some gels and grid spots sitting around. So, I decided to have a go at it.

In the end, it's not exactly what I would call "art". But, I did get to learn a little bit about using gels on my flashes, which is something that I've been meaning to play around with.

There is an SB-600 flash with a 1/8" grid spot and a blue gel shot against the back wall (it is a white wall). There is another SB-600 flash with two orange gels (both full CTOs) and another 1/8" grid spot shooting straight down on the wine glass. The flash shooting the glass was a little much, so I held a white paper towel between the flash and the glass for this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment