Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Delicate (95 of 365)


Delicate (95 of 365), originally uploaded by lighthack.
This is a Bird of Paradise that my mother-in-law brought for me to photograph when she came this weekend. It is from her amazing plant collection. I really like how this picture came out because I like that the light is enough to bring out the amazing colors and shape of the flower, but it is still subtle enough to leave some shadow areas.

Lighting: SB-600 through a 24"x24" softbox camera left and just about above the flower. A silver reflector directly under the flower. The lightbox was the main source of light, but the reflector lit the underbelly of the flower enough to define its shape against the black background (this is my favorite part of the photo - the reflector really brought it all together).

1 comment: