Sunday, April 11, 2010

Come Sit With Me a While My Friend (100 of 365)

I got up early on day 100 and went for a walk around the grounds of a local historical plantation (now a museum). It wasn't open for the day yet, but I didn't see any reason that I couldn't wander around the grounds and relax. I found this bench and decided to sit and relax a bit. As I was sitting there, I thought about it being day 100 in my Project 365 and I thought about all of the friends and acquaintances that I've made and how much I've enjoyed getting to know each of you a little bit. It would be fun to sit down with each of you for a little while, have a conversation and get to know you better. I thought that this bench would be a great place for such a conversation.

I had originally posted my bee picture as my day 100 picture. I changed my mind and decided that this one was more fitting.

I really like the detail in the foreground with the wood, bricks, and moss. I really love the flowers and trees in the background and how the 50mm lens at f/1.4 turned them into what almost looks like a painting (Monet maybe?).

Have a great day. Happy Day 100 to you fellow Project 365'ers who started on January 1st like me.

1 comment:

  1. i love the effect in the background, wonderful picture!

    ReplyDelete