Friday, June 4, 2010

Have we really progressed since 1960? (155 of 365)

I saw this 1960 Corvette in the parking lot at a Walgreens today and I couldn't resist taking a snap with my iPhone. Looking at it, it made me wonder: If we've progressed so much, why can't I buy something this cool at a Chevy dealer? I had a C5 Corvette for a few years and, from a coolness point-of-view, it had nothing on the old Corvettes.

By the way, when I was a kid, my parents had a 1962 Corvette (similar to this but Black and without contrasting coves). They sold it to buy a camping trailer so us kids could enjoy camping trips. I never fully understood that sacrifice until my wife and I had to trade-in the sports car we had when Ava was born. It sure stung, but it was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment